Friday, January 2, 2015

Introducing: Meredith Gursky

Happy New Year, friends and family!

We hope 2015 has been wonderful so far! The first ABST Guatemala member we're introducing in 2015 is the other co-student-leader, Meredith Gursky! Meredith is a junior majoring in social work and minoring in Spanish.













Q: Why Guatemala?
A: I've wanted to go on the ABST to Guatemala since my freshman year at Gannon. I am extremely interested in experiencing the San Lucas Mission and cannot wait to meet the Guatemalan people we will be working alongside. I'm also excited to be able to practice my Spanish some!

Q: What is something you’d like to learn about Guatemala before going?
A:  Before going to Guatemala in March, I want to research the Guatemalan Civil War. I want to be able to have that background information in order to put things into context when I'm actually in Guatemala.

Q: Words to live by?
A: "Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Theresa

Q: What would you do with 10 more hours in the day?
A:  I would spend more time reading for enjoyment and make a point to have more meaningful conversations with family and friends.

Q: If you were stranded on a deserted island with only one thing, what would you want it to be?
A: A journal

Q: What is something interesting about yourself?
A:  I once competed in a cardboard boat regatta and won!

Q: What is something unique you can bring to the group?
A: Being in tune with the emotions of others.

Q: What is your dream job?
A:  To work in a way that my strong faith, desire to empower others, and passion for social justice collide.

Q: What inspires you?
A: Good music, a beautiful sunset, and people who can put their passion into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment