Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Introducing: Madeline Boucher

Hello everyone!

We wish you safe and happy New Year celebrations, as well as a blessed 2015! Before 2014 is over, however, let's meet Madeline Boucher, a senior communication arts major.


















Q: Why Guatemala?
A: I went on the Mexico ABST last year and I go so much out of it. I came back to the U.S. in awe and couldn’t believe how impacting the culture is there. Even to this day, I still talk and think about how much I took away from the Yucatecan culture. As much as I really want to go back to the Yucatan in the future, I wanted to take the opportunity to explore another culture in another country.

Q: What is something you’d like to learn about Guatemala before going?
A: I can’t say that I want to learn something before we go, because I prefer to learn by experiencing. But to answer the question, I would have to say that I would like to learn about the general basics of the education system.

Q: Words to live by?
A: “The pain that you’ve been feeling can’t compare to the joy that’s coming.”
-Romans 8:18
“Just because you’re afraid, doesn’t mean you’re in danger. Just because you feel alone, doesn’t mean nobody loves you. Just because you think you might fail, doesn’t mean you will. Look beyond your doubts and keep searching for the truth. Despite the struggles that you might be facing, never give up on yourself. You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and twice as capable as you have ever imagined.”
-Unknown
(I can never have just one quote)

Q: What would you do with 10 more hours in the day?
A: I'd like to take our boat across Lake Erie to Canada with my family.

Q: If you were stranded on deserted island with only one thing, what would you want it to be?
A: A lighter

Q: What is something interesting about yourself?
A: I commuted my first 3 years of college and this year I’m living in the Kirk House.

Q: What is something unique you can bring to the group?
A: My adventurous self. I am always up for doing something new and interesting

Q: What is your dream job?
A: To be a manager for a record company in Nashville.

Q: What inspires you?
A: Others having confidence in me

No comments:

Post a Comment