Sunday, January 11, 2015

Introducing: Carly Bone

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow begins the spring semester, but we still have a few more members of the ABST Guatemala group to introduce. Today, we'll meet Carly Bone, a junior majoring in nutrition and health performance.


















Q: Why Guatemala?
A: I chose Guatemala because I have never been anywhere outside of the United States and I found the Guatemalan culture and lifestyle to be the most interesting and unique. I am looking forward to experiencing a different type of lifestyle outside of my comfort zone.

Q: What is something you’d like to learn about Guatemala before going?
A: I attended a technical school during high school for culinary arts and have always been interested in food culture so I would love to learn more about the cuisine of Guatemala.

Q: Words to live by?
A: Remember to stop and enjoy life.

Q: What would you do with 10 more hours in the day?
A: Study and sleep. I feel like there is never enough time in the day for either.

Q: If you were stranded on a deserted island with only one thing, what would you want it to be?
A: I would probably bring a burrito kit because burritos are my favorite food and I could use the foods that the island has to offer to make all sorts of different burritos and that would be amazing!

Q: What is something interesting about yourself?
A: Something interesting about me is that I am obsessed with owls. I think they are the most beautiful animals.

Q: What is something unique you can bring to the group?
A: Something unique I can bring to the group is a fun time and a sense of humor. I like to be silly and make others smile/laugh.

Q: What is your dream job?
A: My dream job would be to work in a hospital with severely malnourished patients and patients who need feeding tubes.

Q: What inspires you?
A: My family is my biggest inspiration. No matter what I am going through in life, they are always there cheering me on, congratulating me, or picking me up when I fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment