Friday, March 7, 2014

Be Love

As I reflect on the week the one word that is ever present is love. Love for a simpler way of life. Love for tradition. Love for strangers. Love for family. Love for service. Love for asking the tough questions. Love for Christ. 

I was blessed to experience Christ this week in more ways than one, and since Christ is Love my heart couldn't be filled with more joy. When we visited Fr. Rother's parish in Santiago I was able to stop in the perpetual adoration chapel for a prayer of thanksgiving. The feeling that often comes over me when in adoration at home was present in Guatemala, which was a beautiful revelation that Christ's presence is a constant unchanging force. The people of Guatemala beautifully portray what it means to be His disciple. Their prayer is genuine and humble and was an inspiration to witness. Some whispered their prayers out loud while others cried openly in His presence. One gesture that moved me was when they leave adoration their back is never turned towards the Eucharist; their eyes are always on Him. Another reminder of reverence for God is the pathway that was created from the tabernacle to the alter where the monstrance was placed. The pathway was made out of pine needles which I believe is also symbolic of palms on Jesus' path when He entered Jerusalem. 

I could go on forever about how and where I felt God's presence, but I will contain myself. As I type a final blog on the last stretch of our journey I look around and I am still surrounded by Love. I am blessed to be a part of this beautiful group of people who came together with a common goal. As we learned together we all, in a very unique way, fell in Love this week. Some with a culture, some with a joy for service, some with a passion for justice, and some with a zest to spread awareness. As we all begin to head our separate ways (even now some are sleeping, some are studying, some are grading papers, and some are reconnecting with loved ones) the Love we found in San Lucas Guatemala will never leave our hearts. It will be forever embedded in our memory as a truly life changing week. Thank you for sharing in this experience with us and for your continued support, and prayers as we all strive to live out what we learned; Love. 

- Patrice 
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment